Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Shaving and Shields... Really

This is my new very, very sharp straight edge DOVO razor. I bought this to remove all the frustrating expensive purchasing and disposal of cartridges and to get a much closer shave without having to rinse the damn Mach 3 every inch of cutting. First shave and I like the results!

I started making a shield for SCA fight with Steve last night as well. On the right you see the shield form shored up with some scrap wood. The sheet of plywood on top is waiting for the glue in the bottle and another piece of plywood.


Once the the two pieces are assembled you start screwing the wood down to the form with wood screw, alternating back and forth to avoid buckling.


Below you can see the whole thing screwed down, it is going to stay like that for a couple of days so the glue can set, then I will cut out the shape I want, attach handles and paint it. I have a shape in mind, but I figure a week for glue to fully cure and for my mind to nitpick problems I'll be sure enough to cut into it.

No comments: