Sunday, June 24, 2012

6-9-12 Mount Worchester

I tried to summit Mount Worcester earlier in the spring but was turned back from the summit because of snow.  This time there was no snow to be had and it was a beautiful day for a hike.
I liked this picture for the fact that Sal is the only part not in motion when the truth is almost always the opposite.
There are veins of marble though these mountains and this particular one glows so white in the sun it is startling.
From the top looking south towards Mount Hunger.
To the West with Mount Washington in the distance.
And to the west Mount Mansfield and the quaint but expensive village of Stow at its base.
I actually continued on down to the Skyline trail towards Mount Hunger but turned back when I realized the next bit would involve a descent down 400 feet which I then would have to climb on the way back.
My contribution to the trail.  There were a couple of other ones on the way down so I has to add as well.
Sal has this odd tendency of eating grass.  This is his sampling the local fauna.

No comments: