Thursday, August 29, 2013

8-17 to 8-19-13 Lake Galway

My friend Patrick has a camp down on Lake Galway, and area that has some history with me.  It is a private lake, with lots of beauty.  His great grandfather built the cabin.
From the front porch....
in panorama...
I have to bring down my kayak. got to go out and have some fun.
This is the artificial damn with an outlet well guarded from sucking down said kayaks.
Sal, in the sun, inside the camp.  He had a blast.
First nights sunset.  Just awesome.
Second nights dinner, steak with chives and cheddar, sauteed mushrooms and onion and a very fresh salad with tomato, avocado, cucumbers and goat cheese.
The reflection of the sunset around my bow.
Good...
Better...
The exterior view of the camp.
The kayak pulled up.  I slowly taught Sal how to jump off the docks.
They had an old proper GE fridge, still works.
They also have an old wood stove, but no longer used.  Made a cool picture.  An awesome time, it was the first time I had nothing to do but relax in a damn long time.

No comments: