Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Siamese Pond Overnight 7-3 to 7-4

This backpacking trip was to the Siamese Pond Wilderness, a place named after two pond that are so uninteresting to hike to we went to an entirely different part of the forest. This is actually my pre-birthday hike give I was delivered to this world on July 5. Like Pharaoh Wilderness this too seemed to share in having old forest and few people. A truly nice combination.
Just a cool waterfall. A year ago this would have just been an amusing water feature but because I have a dog I now also consider them vital for re-hydration. His hardier stomach can drink what we can't so it serves us well to find water he can drink to prevent having to part with out own.
I am actually playing a Native American Love Flute. It is a beautiful sound drifting across the calm lake waters. There were a couple of other people staying in lean-toes there so I am sure it surprised them.
It may have been a little chilly. The fire was a much appreciated addition.
Seriously you are going to get tired of these kind of kodak moment photos because I seem to take a lot of them at the places we go. One stunning morning after a substantially more restful night's sleep. The nighttime sounds were just a little less foreign and freaky because I had a bit more context.
Sal agreed things were looking up. What a strange dog.

It was a wonderful overnight with a good walk in and out. My pack was even better with a load of around 35 pounds rather than 43 pounds the time before. A truly enjoyable pre-birthday adventure.

No comments: