Saturday, November 5, 2011

Chapter 2 new endings and old beginnings

I found a draft that I had forgot about:

A busy couple of days have left me puzzled. Some things I saw coming, some I did not. And again probabilities start collapsing like tunnels caving in on an unstable mine. Things are starting to resolve themselves again and I start being presented with life-altering choices. It is the time of the great deciders.


So how do I revisit the past to strengthen my future? What is the worst that could come of this? The question was never if she would change

Over the last couple of months a great deal has changed in my life.  I figure most of those who read this are friends and family so you probably know this all but still... this public spot is still sometime a good time to share what I am sure all of us have gone through.

If you have looked through more than one of these post there was the occasional appearance of Heather, my compatriot and girlfriend for the last couple of years.  Our paths have diverged so now this journey is with just Sal, my furry friend.  Since the woods were where we spent much of our time it took me a couple of months to get back to documenting this, and equally as long to not feel at a loss when under the trees without her behind me on the trail.

When I first started this blog it was a dare to Charlotte (http://mercuryinmotion.blogspot.com/) who had trepidation about starting one herself.  It has grown to document much of the last few years of my experiences, a reminder to myself of the things I have done and what I am capable of in those times when I feel like I have neither.

So I stand at another chapter in my life, terrified by all the changes that I have faced and the hard winter coming.  Unlike the generations before me my successes and failures are documented here, set in a digital stone so when I have lost my direction and can look through this again and remember where I have been.  And then the rest I leave to the whim of the Great Magnet to point me to where I need to go.

No comments: