Saturday, March 24, 2012

3-11-12 First Kayak Trip, Shelburne Bay

Warm weather gave me ambition and I decided to head out with my kayak.  Lacking both foam pads and winch straps I just threw it on and tied it down with cord.  I tried buying straps on the way but wisely left it tided with the cord as well.  Good thing too, the cord came loose on the drive to Shelburne Bay
It was around 60 degrees but the water was much colder.  I hug the shoreline the best I could and kept my lifevest on just in case but the main goal was not to get wet.
I actually got to run my kayak on the ice and let the weight break it.  I have been wanting to do that for a long time.  Back on shore I walked out to point as the sun slipped behind the hillside.
 It was a beautiful day and across the way a bald eagle perched in a tree.  A good end to the day.
Oddly in a puddle on the rocks was frozen a shotgun shell. 

No comments: