Saturday, March 24, 2012

3-17-12 St. Paddy Day Fog and Pipe Making

 St. Paddy's Day was a fog filled one.  It seams to be a tradition that the local cement company Ireland does a parade with all their mixers blasting their horns.  It was odd, funny and very loud,
 More fog around the ship at dock.
It was so cool to walk through this, I haven't seen fog like this since California where the marine fog would come in and hide everything.
 Disappearing bike path
 The Echo Center and Lake Champlain
 
 Train Station looming.  About three seconds earlier it was even more menacing

As a side note this is the pipe I carved.  About once every couple of years I get the urge for a single cigar.  This time I decided to make a pipe from a piece of Catlinite (a blood-rd stone used in traditional native american pipes) I bought in Mississippi when I was in middle school and traveling with the folks.  It is soft like soap stone so I carved the stone and the stem with hand tools over two days.  It smoked beautifully.  Welcome Spring!

No comments: