Saturday, June 8, 2013

6-3-13 Kayaking Winooski River

While the water is not warm, it was warmish enough that I decided to go kayaking and try to fish a little bit.  Historically I have been horrible at fishing so I figured from the get go that mainly I would be just kayaking and drifting.  
I decided to go to a new launch point for me, at where the Winooski River drains into Lake Champlain.  After a couple of weeks of rain the water was high and the river was flowing quite fast.  I found this little inlet off the river.
There was so much pollen and dandelion fluff that the river was white in parts.  Luckily my allergies have not kicked my but this year, only sporadically.

This is the bike path bridge over the exit to Lake Champlain.  It was fun to kayak under as people biked over top.  Mostly when I run into a bridge it is for cars so no one notices you but one man walking across with his baby waved.
Lake Champlain.  What is hard to tell is that the water was pushing 1-2 foot swells from wind.  I did not venture far out onto the lake because of that but it was fun to sorta surf the waves.

No comments: