Saturday, June 8, 2013

6-4-13 Camel's Hump

The season where you are suppose to stay off peaks is finally over so on a sunny day (in Burlington) I grabbed Sal and went to Camel's Hump to climb.  I chose the sorter Burrows Trail, which mas fairly steep and just a pile of rocks.
This is the actual trail, believe it or not.  I ended up running down a good part of the mountain on the return but I had to walk the really shifty parts.
While it was sunny in Burlington, Camel's Hump was completely socked in with clouds.
The final trail to the top, I managed the ascent in  1 hour and 10 minutes, a solid pace.
The proper summit, it was a tuesday so only one person was at the top.  It was 45 degrees with winds 30-40mph so we did not stay up there long.
Sal was ready for the decent.  Even though it was not the amazing view that I know I can get up there, it certainly was a good hike and there is something other worldly about being buried in the clouds.

No comments: