Wednesday, October 16, 2013

9-29-13 Lone Rock Point

A new kayaking adventure started in the Burlington Harbor and then rounded Rock Point.
These geological formations are quite fascinating. This quite detailed article explains that  Lower Cambrian Dunham Dolostone overlies the dark gray to black-bedded Middle Ordovician Iberville Formation, a member of the Trenton Group on proto-North America's marine shelf.
There were two little "islands"and this one was made of three rocks.
Which then I squeezed through.  That gap is literally as wide as my shoulders.
This overhang had anchors at the top for rock climbing.  It looks like a challenging set but I a newbie at that so who am I to judge.
And impressively tall.
The second little rock.  An optimistic tree to say the least.
A little rock inlet.  I turned my boat around and backed it in.
Looking out.  The water was calm, lots of people out playing in the lake.  I will certainly come back when the waves are up and play amongst those formations.

No comments: