Friday, September 11, 2009

The Phoenix meets Lake Champlain

This is going to be short and sweet because I didn't take any pictures. I put my kayak in at the Oakledge Park. It was low winds and good weather and I did about a half hour paddle to get a feel for the lake. It made me realize why the hulls on the greenland kayaks are shaped the way they are: with a round hull giving you good secondary stability means that when waves surprise you and you don't brace for it, sure it will tip but and won't go over and you can easily bring it back down. A solid flat bottomed one would get to that point were you can't do anything to prevent the flip and suddenly you are in the water. It was a beautiful trip.

I am also going to post a blog about my father's book reading, but I need to find my cable to upload the pictures though. Soon.

No comments: