Monday, February 6, 2012

2-5-12 Mount Philo and a Wildflower Park

Mount Philo is a small state park on top of a kind of plateau-like hill jutting out of the Champlain Valley flood plains.    At the top of the peak of very, very icy trails there are several outbuildings and some amazing views.
 More clear skies and a good view of the Adirondacks.
 On the return I stopped at a Wildflower Farm which had walking paths.  Given the state park had been so busy I figured Sal would be happy to stretch his legs.
 I was right.
 A small frozen pond
This is the main building with the day's last light hitting it.

This is a cool park although I would return to Mount Philo with my crampons instead of the ice trekkers I have, the paths were like frozen streams and even Sal was slipping.  I took the road back down from the top to eliminate the risk of death.

1 comment:

Charlotte Blom said...

Lovely photos, with golden glow!! And, awww: "even Sal was slipping." He definitely coulda used a song after that! ;)