Wednesday, February 1, 2012

29 Days of Happiness #1

Today while at work I listened to this podcast by Shawn Anchor (I highly recommend it).  While the talk was amusing there was something compelling in the whole thing.  My life, over the last couple of years, has been filled with a great deal of unhappiness and more recently depression.  I have been getting out of that depressive state and trying to make my way with my life but I think something Shawn says is very true: "The absence of disease is not health."

So per his lecture I am going to try something, if it works wonderful, if it doesn't maybe I will understand my life much better.  For the rest of the month I am going to write three things that bring me happiness in whatever gradients it may come each day.  I figure at the end of the month I can look back and realize that maybe my life is actually quite nice.  So here it goes:

Listening to the TED talk podcast and having to restrain myself from laughing out loud at work because I am listening to the whole thing over a single headphone plugged into my laptop.

Driving home in the rain, cold in the dark with warm of being in a car rather than a bike and pretending I am a fighter pilot navigating the traffic.

Glorious crunchy fatty crust from an oven baked ham that was delicious, unhealthy and will slowly make me more and more a vegetarian one delicious bite at a time because as I write this I feel way too full and rather gross at this point.






No comments: