Tuesday, November 27, 2012

11-23-12 Mass Moca Museum and Natural Bridge State Park

During the course of a wonderful Thanksgiving with the folks I going my friend Mike and his girlfriend. We went down to North Adams to Mass Moca, a surprisingly awesome modern art museum.  They always have good shows and it has been a bit since I have been there.
 It only seem right to start out with an abstract picture I took of the floor.
 Nothing is more appropriate that joking around in front of serious art.
 See?  Me too.
 Just a certain kind of beautiful.  And the colors were proper shades.
 Augmented by the windows, truly nice.
 Mike diving into the deeps of geometric depths.
 And documented for prosperity.

 Mike was proud of the museum, and did not hesitate to show it.
 Them...
 And them...
 We then went to the Natural Bridge Park, this is the marble quarry part of it.
 When I showed this picture to Mike, he said, "Where was my hand?"  It was innocent.
 Ravines and rocks.
 Looking under the natural bridge.  So many years of stone getting worn down.
 And the dam is made of marble.  Really.  Vermont styling.
 Mike, contemplating the world with deepness.

No comments: