Friday, January 11, 2013

12-1-12 Little River North

The northern side of Little River has a certain appeal to me.  Seemingly only frequented by locals and with lots of wilderness around to explore I can spend hours just wandering with Sal. With the first real snowfall (not deep enough to need snowshoes) we got to have some fun.
 In Vermont the hunting season is full swing and I am very cautious with both Sal and myself.  I have a huge orange jacket and I made a vest for him that seems to hold up.  The first iterations of this were destroyed in a single hike because he likes to tear through the bushes.
 This proved much more functional and given about 20 minutes after this picture I saw a hunter climbing down out of the hillside I was glad.  There were other hikers out on the trail and when I saw them with their dogs not wearing orange I did warn them.
 The only deviation that I did take was up one side road to this foundation.  There used to be two house up here but this was the only one I could find.

It was surrounded by this beautiful field.  I determined that I must come up here in the spring and just spend the day under the apple tree in this field and watch the day pass

No comments: