Friday, January 11, 2013

12-27-12 Snowfall and Roof Golf

For the first time in almost two years we had a real snow storm.  Last year was a barren wasteland when it came to snow, I didn't ski or snowshoe because there simpky wasn't enough snow.  However this year we got one storm that dropped over a foot and I got to break out my skies for the first time in two years.
 The roads were well covered, I went down to the local park as darkness fell.
 In Vermont even with snow like this people were still driving around.  If you live in northern Vermont this is just part of life here.
 So nice to see these tracks again, I ended up in the country club having fun on the trails there.  It took a bit to get my comfort level on skies but it was so nice to slide again.
 At my workplace there is a putt putt golf course on the roof.  It has about 6 holes and at this point in the storm over a foot of snow on it.  My friend and I went up on break, and on lunch, and after work to play.  We cleared the course with our boots, made ramps in snow and had an awesome time.
 When you are shooting down a snow canyon you have to think about the shot.
And clear it of the inch an hour that was dropping while we played.  It was so much fun.

No comments: