Friday, January 11, 2013

Visits, Mansfield and the Danger of iPhones

So I had a bunch of adventures in the middle of December.  My friend Ashley came up for a week, we hike Mount Mansfield in beautiful snow, went out to her families cabin in the middle of the Adirondacks and did many cool adventures.  However, when I offloaded all the amazing pictures I had taken I did not verify that when it said it had copied it actually had.  It proved a lie and I deleted all the images that is my usual fare.

So in short there was an attempted summit of Mount Mansfield, we turned back because what had been no snow at the base turned into well over a foot and we did not have the right gear to continue.  It was a hell of a lot of fun and beautiful.  Snow turned that landscape into almost an alien experience.

We also ate and made tons of good food, drank coffe and played Go, went out to her family's cabin and hiked up to the mountain/hill that is on the property.  It was pretty much where I would want to live in a couple of years if I could work out of my home.  almost 50 acres at the base of Hurricane Mountain with a real log cabin.

Anyways, an awesome visit and I wish I could have put the beautiful photos up to match.  Next time.

No comments: