Sunday, December 14, 2014

7/5/14 Ziplining and Birthdays

So I finally turned 33 and celebrated it in the best way.  After meeting up with friends for a bite, Patti and I went to Arbortrek to explore their zipline course in Smugglers Notch.
The lines went from platform to platform.  These are all pictures taken by the staff who were awesome and helpful.
Harnessed up and ready to go.
While waiting we were hooked to safety lines around the tree trunks.
Patti's run, she enjoyed it quite a bit.
It was a lot of fun to lean back off the platform, I did it at every stop and by the end I had everyone doing it.
Into the trees...
Rappelling down to the ground at the midpoint.
Patti doing the same.
On the rope bridge.  It was a blast to cross that structure.

Just chillin'.

I really did enjoy doing that, I think doing rock climbing made me feel much more comfortable trusting the equipment.
On the long line.
Rappelling down on the final platform.
Patti's descent.
The group of all of us.  Honestly the best birthday for many many years.  

No comments: