Friday, April 19, 2013

2-23-13 Little River Skiing

I finally got back on my skies back in Little River.  I have been truant in posts and as I drafted all of them I realized how much time I have spent in Little River State Park.
After some warmth the snow was an icy mess, made it quite slippery.  I had to reapply wax multiple times.
It is good to look down and see these.  Also good to look back up and not go off the trail.
I was the only one out on the this part of trail.  It was nice and quiet and the snow was beautiful.
Sal was, as always having a blast.  The snow was partially solid but more than often his paws sunk threw.  I had to keep an eye on him and make sure he did not open a wound up from it.
Honestly my favorite thing is going down hill and telling Sal to hurry up.  We got good at syncing our speed but in a couple parts he had to be full force.

I actually ended up making my turning back point at a hill that I tried and realized that I could not make the turn on the bridge if I started at the top.  I did run after run slowly going further up the hill and found that I could not make the precision required.  A little left or right I was to end up in an icy river and the bridge was a narrow one so, being that I was alone, we turned back at that point.

Sadly my ski boots fell apart by the end of that trip, so I will need new ones but they served me well and I must say my skiing has gotten better.

No comments: