Friday, April 19, 2013

4-7-13 Little River

I really wasn't kidding about Little River.  I decide to take a new pair of running shoes out in the snow and see how they did.  At some point I will actually review all the minimalist shoes I have tried, but not today.  This time I went to a part of the park I had not been to before.
When the  snow is not here there is a beach I believe.  Can't be sure though.
Wool socks combined with breathable trail shoes work, only occasionally does snow get inside and sure your feet get wet but not cold with wool.
Mounting points for the docks.  I like finding these man made objects and shooting them in contrast with nature.
Rivers are not in full force yet but are growing.
Yet another foundation.  There were so many houses in these hills that foundations or walls are everywhere.
We found this metal roller in the middle of one foundation pit (detail shot later).  Sal was intrigued.
This one site had lots of debris, this looks to be part of maybe a mantel?
I am sure if I grew up on a farm I would know exactly what this was but I have not a clue.  Looked damn medieval though.
Someone had gathered broken glass and piled it up on the rock wall.  It made a pretty shot.

No comments: