Friday, April 19, 2013

4-19-13 Little River North and a Bike Ride

The northern access to Little River has been a bit hard to get too because they log out of those roads all winter.  But now that is done so I took Sal out there and we took a somewhat short hike.
Sal was glad too run, I love watching him tire himself out.  Originally this was going to be a trail run but in the end not so much.  Felt more like strolling.
I think a truck rolled and dropped part of the trailer along with the woodchips.  Could not figure out if the metal you see is the top or the side of the trailer though.  The pile was as tall as me though.
See?  Clear water, no ice.  The water was high as spring melt was in full swing.
This is normally a calm stream.  Not so much now.

After all of this I ended up fixing um my bike and going for a 12 mile ride.  I went further than I have ever run on the bike trail and it was pretty amazing.  Also bumps on a road bike suck but my calves are in good enough shape that I could just fly.
This is an elevated platform that goes through a wilderness area so animals can go under it.  Plus, bog...so.
We have our beaches even in Vermont
There is a bridge.  Like I said, further than I have even gone.  This is over the winooski river.
Actually kind of a cool structure.  There are spots to stand and fish too.

No amazing sunset but instead moody clouds.
The winds were really strong and were blowing almost tidal surf off the lake.  Reminded me of beaches in California.
This is the North Beach park.  It was a good ride, it has been years since I have gotten on a bicycle.  A perfect day combined with the bacon wrapped scallops and maple syrup creme brûlée as lunch.

No comments: