Sunday, July 14, 2013

7-12-13 Rock Climbing Lower West Bolton

For anyone in the area you know how bad the rain has been.  Almost none stop for well over a month and finally it broke for a little bit.  I had acquired some rock climbing gear, the most basic kit and now that the rocks were not soaked I was able to get out with some friend  from work and climb.
We went to the Lower West Bolton cliffs.  It was pretty busy there but we found an open slot.  Mo on the rock Magee on belay.  
When it was my turn I got less than half way up before my arms gave out completely.  that was after several slips.  It is such a multidimensional puzzle and learning how my body worked or didn't was fascinating.
This is the second one we did and the last before darkness came.  I got further up this one, more than half ways at least, before I was done.
Magee repelling down.  It was a truly fun and hard experience.  We got back late and instead of joining them for drinks I walked Sal and collapse because I knew the next morning would be bring Mount Mansfield.  I look forward to doing more, perhaps after I get my hands a lot stronger.

No comments: