Sunday, July 14, 2013

7-14-13 Shelburne Bay

Originally I had planned an early morning kayak trip with a friend from work but when I woke at 8am it was raining.   We cancelled but by 1 it was clear again and I still had the kayak on the car.  So off to Shelburne Bay.
All the way out to the small island whose shores were completely under water.

Along the rockface there were all these different flowers hanging down.
The island itself was lush, much more so I had seen previously.  Trees and lots of flowers seemed quite happy.

More of the purple dangling one might be Harebell, Campanula rotundifolia.  It was quite pretty in the sunlight.

And the Morning Glory, Calystegia soldanella below was tucked on the other side of the rock.
Not a bad place to park a boat and take pictures of flowers.  It was a good but hard paddle, my shoulder still sore from rock climbing.  All in all a busy weekend.

No comments: