Sunday, July 21, 2013

7-15-13 Burlington Bay

A Monday afterwork with beautiful weather meant I had to put into the water in my kayak.  For the first time I launched from the Waterfront by the Coast Guard station.
This is the lighthouse as the entrance to the breakwaters.
Water was high, almost over the top of the rocks.  Another perspective.  Looks like the storms have done their damage.
Sailboats leaving the harbor.  I just sat and watched them go.
Along the shore there are these corrugated walls.  I thought they looked cool in the light.
As the sun drifts down even more so.  I image at one point this was filled with buildings, but no longer.
Sunset through the sails of an incoming boat.
I just parked myself at the breakwater and waited for the sun to set.  What a good way to end a Monday.

No comments: