Monday, October 8, 2012

9-25-12 Hurricane Mountain

I have always love Hurricane Mountain.  A short, hard but not impossible hike with an amazing view.  Sal was smart and enjoyed all the refreshing streams on the way up.
 The view as always was awesome.  I did I think close to my record time of about 1:15 to get to the top.
 The High Peaks were just starting to turn.  Such a view.
The rock at the top has such a smoothed out texture.  I know from being up here in the winter that the winds are fierce, and even that day it was blowing pretty hard.
 Looking south.  What a collage of colors.  It is hard to get a photo to give you the real sense of depth.
Looking more west towards the Cascades.
 Sal was just swept away by the view.
 There was a beaver dam I saw on the way down that I completely missed on the way up.




No comments: