Monday, October 8, 2012

9-26-12 Fencing Again with Greg

I recently started fencing again, I had fenced all through High School, leading the team my senior year and fenced until I was a junior at Vassar College.  My High School friend Greg was coming up for a tournament and for the first time in ten years we went to a tournament together.  The night before was filled with armory and making sure all our weapons worked.  It was an impressive collection.
 The match was held on an indoor tennis court, not a bad surface.
 Fencing is about 5 minutes of action and 2 hours of standing, then repeat.  The challenge is not to let your muscles cool in a bad way.
 But also there was good fencing to watch.
 I may not even know who this was.  I did alright but honestly I just had a lot of fun.  It was a mellow group to fence and there was a lot of laughing.
 Afterwords there was good food, beer and pizza and Sal gave away cuddle time freely.  I don't think Greg minded.

No comments: