Saturday, May 4, 2013

4-28-13 CAT Trailrun

After a long week I decided I would take Sal out for a little trail run up my favorite place, CAT trail.  There were only a few cars there and for one of the first truly nice days of spring that was exactly what I was hoping for.
It still looks a lot like fall in this shot but it was about 73 degrees out there.
The sun and clouds were perfect, just a nice day to be out all around.
While I did try to run as much as I could I did stop for a couple of flowers starting to bloom.  I decided to start getting to know what some of these are so I look am looking them up when I get home.  This is a Trout Lily (Erythronium americanum).  
Always thirsty Sal.  Even though he is a shorthaired dog he still gets hot when we run in the spring so I make sure we stop and I point to the streams so he knows it is okay to stop and drink.
The Sun, just right.
There is a little chasm near the beginning of the trail so I had to stop on the way down.  Just beautiful.
Sal, owner of all he sees.  Which is why he pees so damn much

No comments: